Saturday, July 20, 2019

I Know Whom I Have Believed


“I know whom I have believed…and am persuaded that He is able…to keep that…which I’ve committed…”
II Timothy 1:12
“No matter what you are going through, there is no pit so deep that God cannot get you out”
Anonymous

Four truths that help us in walking with God.

I – I KNOW JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY- Jesus is the only way in our journey to reach our Father in heaven (John 14:6). There is no other way or name for us to be saved except Jesus.   God is able to save (Zephaniah 3:17). Our Gospel is the only story where the hero dies for the villain. Only Jesus can love, protect us from enemies, provide our needs when poverty surrounds and can give peace when the storms of life are raging.  Jesus saves therefore we should preach, worship and look only to Him. He can change sadness to joy and weakness to strength. He is our everything.

II- I KNOW JESUS IS THE ONLY COMPANION WHEN WE TRAVEL – Matthew 28:20 tells us that He will be with us always even unto the end of the world.  We are never alone even in dark days and trials because as a companion He knows our disappointments.

III- I KNOW JESUS IS THE ONLY DESTINATION – “No man cometh unto the Father except through me“ (John 14:6).  Heaven is haven because Jesus is there.  He is the goal toward which we run the race.

IV – I KNOW JESUS  IS ABLE – The Bible did not say “He might be able”  but “He is able”. This means Jesus has sufficiency in power, skills, qualifications which can abele to to do, aid, succor, assist,  especially when we are tempted (Hebrews 2:18). No matter what you are going through, there is no pit so deep that God cannot get you out. Cast your burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain thee to lift us up (Psalm 55:22).

V – I KNOW JESUS KEEPS HIS PROMISES-  God promised to secure us to eternity (John 10:28). Nothing can shake  those who are in God’s hand.  God’s hand upholdeth us and no man can ever pluck out of His hand (Psalm 63:8)  God promised amazing things when He comes, like longevity, no more aches and pains, a perpetual health peaceful animal kingdom (Isaiah 11:6), lush earth (Isaiah 35:1) and world at peace (Isaiah 2:4).

(From the Rev. Teofilito A. Rufon’s Sermon on Sunday Worship Services)


No comments:

Post a Comment